Sep 25, 2011

Let's Play Games

Game Boards
I have always loved board games. I think some of the fun for me is the graphic appeal of the board itself. We have sort of gone away from the traditional game boards in favor of the electronic versions, which is a shame. I suppose that is how folks from the 1800s saw it as well, as we came into the manufactured age and then moved on to cardboard and plastic. As a collector and dealer, it makes my heart jump when I see a great game board from the earlier centuries - the ones made by hand with wood and paint. Oh my!

That's why I am sharing this one with you -- from VandM.com (Vintage and Modern) comes this awesome Backgammon board. Backgammon is one of my all-time favorite games (I must admit, I play an electronic version when I am alone so I have an adversary in the computer. It's better than not playing at all, I guess.) But if I had this magnificent board, it would be on my wall, never to be played with again! Look at that price tag, my friends . . . yep, it says $10,500!

Perhaps I will hook that design into a rug since the real deal will never grace my humble walls. Check out the whole description at VandM.com and lots more photos, too.
News from the Etsy Shop: vintageontheridge
Have you been to my Etsy shop lately? Everything is on Sale at 20% off! It's a Fall Sale . . . get a great deal on some great vintage stuff! Come back here and let me know what you bought and I will send you a special vintage gift with your purchase! A sale and free stuff - how can you beat that?

Happy Bargain Hunting my vintage-loving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for being here and reading along . . . I know you have something to say and I welcome your comments. Add your experiences, knowledge, or tips for myreaders -- this blog is really all about you and what you want to read, so add to the buzz about antiques and vintage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...